January 26, 2011

To Name a Few

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things":


1)

Obviously, COFFEE.

Turkish coffee, regular coffee, fancy coffee, hot, cold, tall, small- I'll take it in any form!

2)


If you have never checked out that site, stop and do it... right now. But, be warned: it is a time waster. Seconds will turn into minutes, minutes into hours... you get the idea. But, It's amazing what you can find!



3)

GREAT LAKE SWIMMERS

Actually, there are several bands I like, but when "the dog bites, and the bee stings," Great Lake Swimmers has my back. This is one of my favorites of theirs.



4)

PHO!

Seriously, if you have never had Pho before, go to Pho Quyen on 6th Street in Fayetteville, AR and get yourself a bowl of P4. Delicious. (Don't forget all the toppings to put in it!)

5)

PLAYGROUNDS

I don't know why. I suppose because it brings out my inner child (or my inner monkey because I like to play on the monkey bars).



6)

BLACK IRIS

They remind me of home, and I don't think a day goes by without missing home.

7)

SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS

I'm sure this is where every guy groans, because every girl says that. BUT I remember when my brother and I first sat down and watched it, I don't think there was a moment throughout the whole entire movie that we weren't rolling on the floor laughing. Yes, it is a musical, but give it a chance. Actually, seven should just encompass all musicals- Singing in the Rain, Sound of Music, Grease, Phantom of the Opera, etc.


8)

FROGS

I don't remember how old I was when this like for frogs started, but I have been collecting frog figurines for quite some time now.

9)

RECYCLING

It seems like a weird thing to have as a favorite thing, but I love knowing I am giving back to the earth.
[And here is where I promote it]
If you live in Fayetteville, AR, do your part. (1560 S. Happy Hallow Rd)



10)

THE GUITAR

I suck at playing the guitar, but there's something just so relaxing about picking it up and strumming/ plucking a few strings here and there.

"These are a few of my favorite things"

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You've made me think about MY ten favorite things - and you're one of them.

    ReplyDelete