I've probably been contemplating writing this entry for the past week now. Originally, I was going to write this fabulous entry reviewing the aspects that unfolded to make up what has been called 2010, following that review with a preview of what I perceived 2011 would look like (with again, great promises of a better year filled with New Year's Resolutions). But, I think I have ultimately decided against that.
Actually, this year, the only New Year's Resolution I have is to "Eat, Drink, and be Merry." I think the year will be a lot more simple if I just cut to the bases of what every year (and for that matter, every day) should be like. I should be able to manage that.
In other news, I'm filling out my application to Graduate School. As I was doing that yesterday and today, I just couldn't believe that it's really already that time - that it had been four years since I arrived to the States not having a clue. And really, I had no clue. I started college as an International Relations major with a minor in Middle East Studies, planning on going to Law School for International Law. And now I will be graduating with a double major in Anthropology and Middle East Studies and a minor in Arabic, continuing my education with the plan on obtaining a PhD in Anthropology. (Inshallah- God Willing) I'm baffled at just how much a person can change in a matter of four years. At least I would like to think I have changed from that girl I was four years ago.
Well, here's to 2011- Graduate with a BA and start working toward a PhD.

HA! AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T DECIDE TO "EAT, DRINK AND BE GAY!" OR "EAT, DRINK, AND BE MARRY!"
ReplyDeleteWow, Mum. you missed the whole point. The point is that I'm not going to worry about the nitty gritty of things- accomplishing certain Resolutions only to not accomplish them 365 days later. Instead, I'm going to just enjoy life. You should try it. :P
ReplyDeleteI am so behind on blogging, but I'm glad you're still going! I will work on it :)
ReplyDeleteYou go full speed ahead with those grad school apps! You are an amazing person, and I know you'll do great things with the knowledge you've gained and the passion you have for it.
Your resolution is fantastic :)
I'll blog soon. Promise.
LOVE. Sorry I didn't get to see you over break. I got my wisdom teeth out, then I had to take care of getting my first apartment! GAHHH! So excited!