June 6, 2009

Changing Sceneries

Growing up in a "global" environment, I guess you could say, has developed this aspect of me where I constantly find myself in a desperate need to change my scenery. This "change of scenery" can be an actual change in scenery brought about by traveling, or simply a change my in my routine.

Lately, I've been feeling a change in the air approaching. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'm hoping it is grand- grand enough to hold me over for a couple more months until I can get an actual change in scenery when I go to Baltimore in August (and if plans work out, hopefully Virginia to see some long lost friends!).

This past couple of months a great epiphany has overcome me as I have realized, I am happy. I joined the band wagon and decided to do things for myself this season, and it has ended up paying off. I can't remember when the last time I went to bed for two weeks straight thinking how wonderful I have it- how I love my friends, my home, my life in general. I suppose thinking about "numero uno" actually pays off. Maybe those people weren't as selfish as I originally thought they were. It has been a great change of scenery for the time being happy.

But at the same time, I have found I am in a rut again. 9-5 work hours and studying afterward is quickly growing tediously routinely dull. (When a routine has been established, I need a change of scenery.) I'm finding myself going out on a limb on numerous occasions, doing things I wouldn't normally do. It's a different side of me, and I haven't decided if I like this side of me yet. (It's still in test mode. I guess I'm waiting to see if it pays off.)

A change is about to occur. I hope it's a grand change. Even if it's not, I'll still go to sleep at night, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment