November 26, 2010

Thanks

I realized this season that I don't express my thankfulness enough. This week being the week of being thankful, I began to think of the things I was thankful for. (I also thought of them to procrastinate from writing papers, too.)

I'm thankful for my family- near and far. My parents have been wonderfully supportive of me throughout my entire life, and more specifically during my four years of college (even when I get piercings and talk about getting tattoos). Even though they are 7000 miles away, I know that if I am ever in a bind (which I hope to never be in!) they'll help me in any way they can.

Even though I didn't get to spend actual Thanksgiving Day with my family, I am so thankful that a couple of weeks ago three of my four siblings and I were able to get together with my 90 year old Grandparents and my dad for an early Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm thankful for my grandparents and so extremely blessed that they have been able to live as long as they have! I'm thankful that during the past four years I've lived in the States, I have been able to get to know them a little better (and they getting to know me), and being able to make up for the previous 19 years I wasn't around.

I am so so so so thankful I grew up overseas! That I was able to experience everything I did get to experience. I wouldn't trade that for the world.

I'm extremely thankful for the Link family. And on that note, I am thankful for my friends - from the Link, from Jordan, from the all over the States. It's been great to meet you, know you, and share experiences with all of you!

I've been extremely blessed with financial help through scholarships and financial aid during these past four years and I am eternally grateful and thankful for those provisions. And I'm so thankful I've had the opportunity to further my education.

The list really can go on and on. I take a lot for granted, I realize this. I think it's really human folly that we take the simplest of things for granted. There really is a list of probably a hundred things I am thankful for- from great to small.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their family, and have as long of a list as I do of things they are thankful for.

And now that Thanksgiving is officially over...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like your post! We missed you very much this year. I had to eat your piece of chocolate pie for you.

    ReplyDelete