In a matter of four days (that's four full days) I'll be boarding a plane, again, leaving Jordan, again, and heading back to a sweltering hot Arkansas, again. You'd think I'd be use to this journey by now- the journey of traveling back to Jordan, spending a month or more there, seeing old friends and making new ones, and then up and leaving; but I'll admit, twenty-two years of saying goodbye and leaving hasn't quiet numb me yet to saying them without shedding a tear or having emotional feelings attached to it. (Who would have thought I'm NOT hard hearted Hannah?) Even saying goodbye to my parents "x" amount of times hasn't numb me yet. (Although my mum thinks I'm not going to miss her, I will.) I still hate saying goodbyes and often avoid them at all cost, replacing it with "see you later" even if I know the possibility of actually seeing them later is pretty slim, it still masks the pain of an everlasting goodbye.
But in a short 96+ hours, I'll be saying goodbye again, and it's just as hard it has been in the past. I'm trying to think of this as an end to one journey and the beginning of another. Although, as usual, I'll miss my parents during the months I don't seem them, and I'll miss Jordan and the people, I'm trying to focus on what awaits me back in Arkansas.
I get to see my adorable nieces and nephew, and celebrate the birthday of my nephew with him and his family. I get to see my siblings, and spend time with my grandparents. I get to set up my new apartment which will keep me occupied for about a week. I get to see my friends again. And I'll be starting my final year at school. There has been so much that has changed throughout the summer in my way of thinking, my desires, and anticipations, that I am now not dreading returning to the States like I was about a month ago, but instead, looking forward to what awaits me there as I do embark on a new journey this coming year.
Hey! You're BACK! You should blog about it! :)
ReplyDelete