March 11, 2010

The Storm

I fail at keeping up with this. And although I am sure I could come up with something better to post/publish on here, this will have to suffice for the time being until I develop something that's more... well more period.

So, this is a poem I wrote in the summer of 2008. "The Storm." Enjoy!

Thunder rolls through the night-
Antagonist to the deceit that lies
Hidden behind the sheltered lives
Of the innocent.

Lightning strikes the sky
capturing the hearts of lovers
Locked together in their unbreakable bond
of true loves embrace.

Hearts unfold revealing brokenness
As the battle rages on between good and evil
Striking a pose to deceive
To destroy, to drag down
With spiteful vengeance.

Rain showers down from dark clouds
Washing away the sins of the unforgiving,
the lies of adulterers,
and hearts of the murderers.

The battle rages on
As sides fight for the souls of humanity
Trapped in a world of violence and crime.
Fighting until each soul has decided.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! More! I want more! :) I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete