January 1, 2010

Year 2010- and all was well

I start every year with such high expectations and hopeful thoughts. The resolutions pile up and I start out so strong and adamant to keep them. Somewhere along the way, they get lost in translation; and when it's time to review the list and make a new one, I'm quite disappointed to say that, well, the resolutions are rarely met. I believe I met 3 of the 16 resolutions I had for the year 2009. This year I have 21, but I have a very optimistic attitude about them. I think they might, just might, be attainable this year. (*Hands thrown up in a victorious cheer!*) Although, I did label this year's resolutions "Failed Attempts for a Better 2010," I'm still hopeful.

Of the twenty something resolutions I produced for myself this year, keeping up better with this blog (by definition meaning I write more than three times this year!) is one of them.


I was actually inspired by Amanda (a new friend I made this Holiday season) to keep up with a blog, because I was so impressed by the travel blog she kept. Also, coming back home for the Holidays (home being Jordan in the Middle East where my parents live and work, and where I was born and lived until I was 19), and seeing old friends, I realized how much I simply just suck at keeping up with people! What better way to keep up with them then to allow them to have a slight insight to the life I lead as of late? (That is if they feel so inclined to really keep up with me!)


I honestly don't know what exactly this blog will become. But, it'll be a well thought out twinkle, I'm sure. (And a waste basket as well!) It'll probably be an update of my life, a blast from my past (hey, I grew up internationally- I have stories to tell!), maybe a taste of some creativity I occasionally find within myself, and maybe some food for thought. (I think a lot when I have nothing better to do.)
I suppose I'm also sentimental of the good days of Xanga.

Who knows? But as of right now, I'm going to scadadal on out of here.


And keeping with my good ol' Arkansas roots, "Y'all come back now, ya hear??"

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyy! Blog update! You've got a lot of resolutions this year! Beast! Good luck! I'm excited to see what thoughts pour out onto the (web)page! Have a safe flight back to the states, doll!

    ReplyDelete